AMERICAN PIE 4 Looking to Reunite Original Cast

Producer Craig Perry gave an update on the planned American Pie 4 and mentioned it makes sense to round up as many of the original cast as possible.

The sequel to the original trilogy that ended in 2003 with American Wedding is a franchise that spawned the resurgence of teen sex comedies and although many original cast members were absent from even the third film, Perry wants to see as many return as possible.

As you can imagine, a lot of it has to do with scheduling of the actors because they're all busy. Allyson (Hannigan's) got the show and the baby, so she's got plenty on her plate, so there's a lot of people who have a lot of things to do, and I think if we get a script—which I think we will—that everybody is excited about it, and then it's going to be about the schedule, because it's going to be really hard to get that gang back together. Because I think that's one of the things—we want to get everybody back together then you've got to do it right," said Perry.

1

The fourth film is going to be directed by Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg (Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle and Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay). This is an interesting combo because Harold and Kumar star John Cho made his big screen debut with the original American Pie and gave birth to a pop culture term that changed perverted slang for eternity when he said "MILF."

"I think everybody here grew up with those movies in their own special way, so why not see if we can tap into that?" I think if the humor is such--which all of them can be consistent--the younger audience will at least understand that or understand why it's funny and go for it," said Perry on if the sequel will appeal to new fans.

Comments

Hamm3rtym3

Hamm3rtym3's picture

hopefully. maybe we can address the millions of Stiflers that appear to be out there. did the guy in book of love who got moose raped have to be named Stifler too? i can understand wanting the asshole jock type guy, but did he Honestly have to be named Stifler?? Eugene Levy and the name Stifler are the only things that have been consistent with every American Pie Movie to date.

Boy October

Boy October's picture

I want to see them tell us where Oz and Vicky and a lot of other people were in the third film. Also: how did Stifler go from football to porn? *raises glass* Here's hoping for a class reunion and the best adult comedy since AP2.............aside from the Hangover.

TheAnswer

TheAnswer's picture

Best adult comedy since AP2? Did you not enjoy Old School, 40 Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Anchorman, Superbad, Role Models, Wedding Crashers, et al.....?

Boy October

Boy October's picture

I DID enjoy those films.........I just have a strong love for AP2. It's a long story and it's deep.

Interesting John  |  Web Developer

Interesting John's picture
Boy October wrote:

...and it's deep.

There's a sexual joke in there somewhere...

Boy October

Boy October's picture
Interesting John wrote:
Boy October wrote:

...and it's deep.

There's a sexual joke in there somewhere...

That's why I phrased it as such. lol

Interesting John  |  Web Developer

Interesting John's picture
Boy October wrote:
Interesting John wrote:
Boy October wrote:

...and it's deep.

There's a sexual joke in there somewhere...

That's why I phrased it as such. lol

I Win BLAM!

Boy October

Boy October's picture
Interesting John wrote:
Boy October wrote:
Interesting John wrote:
Boy October wrote:

...and it's deep.

There's a sexual joke in there somewhere...

That's why I phrased it as such. lol

I Win B!

And I lose the game. Sad ((If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't ask. It'll consume your life."

Sarco

Sarco's picture

thanks now ive just lost the game

Boy October

Boy October's picture
Sarco wrote:

thanks now ive just lost the game

Don't worry: this is going to make me lose again and again. *facepalm*

gtrman

gtrman's picture

They are milking the [crap] out of these American Pie films. They're no longer funny. The first film was funny, but they repeat jokes, use the Stifler name because it was once synonymous with the guy who played him and he was good in the first film...Just let it go already.

Hamm3rtym3

Hamm3rtym3's picture

Beta House was Hilarious dude.

American Pie has become a wannabe National Lampoons. But NL lost its funniness after van wilder. all those direct to dvd movies with paris hilton and stuff were just awful, and lame.

Stifler name is overused, but after beta house, they made it work. but the name should not have been used at all in book of love.

I disagree with you though, GTR. I'd like to see more American Pies and less National Lampoons. Coolidge College hasnt been fun since Ryan Reynolds graduated. East Great Falls is still giving us akward horny teenagers with ridiculous shenanigans to tickle our funny bones.