GREEN LANTERN Movie Action Figures Offer First Look at Characters Stel & Hannu; Give Details About Alien Constructs

Thanks to one of our readers we have images from the latest issue of Wizard World magazine which reveal new Green Lantern alien Corps member re-designs and hints at the film's construct effects.

glbanner

In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.

Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax…he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.

glaf1.JPG

glaf9.JPG

glaf5.JPG

glaf2.JPG

glaf6.JPG

glaf4.JPG

glaf3.JPG

glaf8.JPG

Green Lantern, directed by Martin Campbell, stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Mark Strong, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Robbins and Angela Bassett. The film is scheduled to hit 2D and 3D theaters June 17th, 2011.

For all the latest news, including official photos, video, interviews and action figures, visit our Green Lantern movie page HERE


twitterblam2.jpgFacebookblam.jpg

Comments

Pietro Filipponi  |  Managing Editor

Pietro Filipponi's picture

Man, they really changed Stel from the latest art I've seen. Not too sure I'm happy with it, I want a movie accurate action figure Confused

Bryan Kritz  |  Managing Editor

Bryan Kritz's picture

Pietro Filipponi wrote:
Man, they really changed Stel from the latest art I've seen. Not too sure I'm happy with it, I want a movie accurate action figure Confused

The blurb on him says its not the final version in the film, it was an early design.

NoPurposeNaji

NoPurposeNaji's picture

Yea, Stel is apparently not based on the final design, but man, that looks ugly
THE PIC ON THE TOP? BAD-FREAKIN-ASS Big Grin :D Big Grin Mr Green Mr Green Mr Green Mr Green

casinoskunk

casinoskunk's picture

Stel 1.0? Maybe by the third film he will be beat up enough to where they rebuild him as a badass.

Krysalid

Krysalid's picture

I can handle the changes to Green man, even the ones to Hannu... but Stel is plain fucking awful. WTF?!

Green Man

Green Man's picture

Where is Stels face?

Anthony3

Anthony3's picture

Stel looks like crap. I thought Stel was the huge robot on the Green Lantern wallpaper?

The Lizard

The Lizard's picture

AHHHH!! Isamot Kol.. I was hoping he would be in the movie. Glad to see him =)

The Lizard

The Lizard's picture

AHHH Big Grin Isamot Kol! I was hoping he was in the film glad to see him.

Krysalid

Krysalid's picture
The Lizard wrote:

AHHHH!! Isamot Kol.. I was hoping he would be in the movie. Glad to see him =)

I hope to see Vath as well. Without him, Isamot it's just another background Lantern.

The Lizard

The Lizard's picture
Krysalid wrote:
The Lizard wrote:

AHHHH!! Isamot Kol.. I was hoping he would be in the movie. Glad to see him =)

I hope to see Vath as well. Without him, Isamot it's just another background Lantern.

Yeah I hope so as well. I do think he will just be a background Lantern which kinda sucks but at least I will get to see him haha. Him and the Gravekeeper, I can not remember his name..

wheels1.5

wheels1.5's picture

Stel looks like a mechanical insect BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! I hope the final design reflects the badass tankman with arms, legs and a head seen in the other concept.

LadiesmanStan

LadiesmanStan's picture

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. Big Grin

Krysalid

Krysalid's picture
The Lizard wrote:
Krysalid wrote:
The Lizard wrote:

AHHHH!! Isamot Kol.. I was hoping he would be in the movie. Glad to see him =)

I hope to see Vath as well. Without him, Isamot it's just another background Lantern.

Yeah I hope so as well. I do think he will just be a background Lantern which kinda sucks but at least I will get to see him haha. Him and the Gravekeeper, I can not remember his name..

Morro? Yeah, it will be awesome to see him and the Crypt.

Pietro Filipponi  |  Managing Editor

Pietro Filipponi's picture
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

Sort of, but that's not the movie version; it's just another of the DC's GLC comics toys from Toy Fair.

Samaritan

Samaritan's picture

Hannu look freakin awesome! I hope that is not how Stel will look like, but overall I'm impressed with the designs of the GL Corps.

Interesting John  |  Web Developer

Interesting John's picture

Interesting that the figure for Stel wasn't based on the final movie design...

Good figures all around, I can't wait to be broke Wink

Saint_Rapier

Saint_Rapier's picture

[quote=Good figures all around, I can't wait to be broke ;)[/quote]

You and me both.

wheels1.5

wheels1.5's picture

LadiesmanStan: He kind of looks like Iron Man and the Destroyer

Saint_Rapier

Saint_Rapier's picture
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

I'll be skipping the Stel from the movie masters series to pick this one up for sure. That IS Stel!

Darkneo

Darkneo's picture

Oh, boy. What to do. Groceries or GL stuff. Maybe I should start buying generic generics. Laughing out loud

The Lizard

The Lizard's picture
Krysalid wrote:
The Lizard wrote:
Krysalid wrote:
The Lizard wrote:

AHHHH!! Isamot Kol.. I was hoping he would be in the movie. Glad to see him =)

I hope to see Vath as well. Without him, Isamot it's just another background Lantern.

Yeah I hope so as well. I do think he will just be a background Lantern which kinda sucks but at least I will get to see him haha. Him and the Gravekeeper, I can not remember his name..

Morro? Yeah, it will be awesome to see him and the Crypt.

Morro thats it god that was bothering me lol. Yeah seeing him and the Crypt will be very awesome. I still not to impressed with how Isamot Kol looks but hey I can deal with it.

LadiesmanStan

LadiesmanStan's picture
wheels1.5 wrote:

LadiesmanStan: He kind of looks like Iron Man and the Destroyer

oh yeah! he looks like the outcome of a 3-way between Iron Man, the Destroyer, and Master Chief. Big Grin

LadiesmanStan

LadiesmanStan's picture
Pietro Filipponi wrote:
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

Sort of, but that's not the movie version; it's just another of the DC's GLC comics toys from Toy Fair.

aww, I hope the movie version's this bad-ass though.

Green Man

Green Man's picture
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

From the comics but dayum I hope he looks somewhat like this in the movie.

LadiesmanStan

LadiesmanStan's picture
Green Man wrote:
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

From the comics but dayum I hope he looks somewhat like this in the movie.

totally man! imagine him going all terminator on parallax's ass and, for the sequel, the sinestro corps's. awesum BLAM!

Green Man

Green Man's picture
LadiesmanStan wrote:
Green Man wrote:
LadiesmanStan wrote:

stel
i'm guessing Stel will look like this. Just check the lantern beside RR in the GL wallpaper, its definitely this guy. :bigsmile:

From the comics but dayum I hope he looks somewhat like this in the movie.

totally man! imagine him going all terminator on parallax's ass and, for the sequel, the sinestro corps's. awesum B!

BAD-ASS.