Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard & Alon Aboutboul Arrive on THE DARK KNIGHT RISES Set

A new set of unofficial images from director Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman movie show several of it's cast members prepping to shoot scenes at the Senate House of the University of London.

The Dark Knight Rises is the highly anticipated final installment of Warner Bros and DC Entertainment's new Batman film franchise. Christopher Nolan has returned to direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by himself and David S. Goyer. Details about the film's storyline are scarce, but it has already been established that one of villains set to take on the Batman (Christian Bale) will be the powerhouse known as Bane (Tom Hardy). Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), better known to comics fans as Catwoman, will also have a central role in the movie. The will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

tdkr_july3.jpg

tdkr_july2.jpg

tdkr_july1.jpg

tdkr_july6.jpg

tdkr_july7.jpg



The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Diego Klattenhoff, Burn Gorman, Nestor Carbonell, Alon Aboutboul, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis and Joey King and is scheduled to hit theaters July 20th, 2012.

Comments

ckal

ckal's picture

Based on other pics I have seen of Hardy recently... it is obvious a ton of special effects and camera tricks will go into making Hardy look massive. Because he is not very muscular at all. And I'm not even talking for Bane size (which obviously couldn't be reached).

That, or it won't be a big Bane, and he will just have superhuman strength from Venom or something (just a guess).

Either way, I hope it looks good.

Pietro Filipponi  |  Managing Editor

Pietro Filipponi's picture
ckal wrote:

Based on other pics I have seen of Hardy recently... it is obvious a ton of special effects and camera tricks will go into making Hardy look massive. Because he is not very muscular at all. And I'm not even talking for Bane size (which obviously couldn't be reached).

That, or it won't be a big Bane, and he will just have superhuman strength from Venom or something (just a guess).

Either way, I hope it looks good.

Yeah, same here. I keep seeing all these Bat-fanboys saying Hardy looks huge. Umm, where? He looks like a normal guy that doesn't even hit the gym. And the guy is 5'8 so it 's not like he has a lanky frame to fill out.

danny p.

danny p.'s picture
Pietro Filipponi wrote:
ckal wrote:

Based on other pics I have seen of Hardy recently... it is obvious a ton of special effects and camera tricks will go into making Hardy look massive. Because he is not very muscular at all. And I'm not even talking for Bane size (which obviously couldn't be reached).

That, or it won't be a big Bane, and he will just have superhuman strength from Venom or something (just a guess).

Either way, I hope it looks good.

Yeah, same here. I keep seeing all these Bat-fanboys saying Hardy looks huge. Umm, where? He looks like a normal guy that doesn't even hit the gym. And the guy is 5'8 so it 's not like he has a lanky frame to fill out.

Ummm.... guys, rent the movie "Bronson", and watch it. You're gonna see that Tom Hardy IS Bane, and you won't think he isn't a big guy anymore also. Trust me, just watch the trailer for Bronson, and you'll know what I'm talking about. Tom Hardy is perfect for this role.

Pietro Filipponi  |  Managing Editor

Pietro Filipponi's picture
danny p. wrote:
Pietro Filipponi wrote:
ckal wrote:

Based on other pics I have seen of Hardy recently... it is obvious a ton of special effects and camera tricks will go into making Hardy look massive. Because he is not very muscular at all. And I'm not even talking for Bane size (which obviously couldn't be reached).

That, or it won't be a big Bane, and he will just have superhuman strength from Venom or something (just a guess).

Either way, I hope it looks good.

Yeah, same here. I keep seeing all these Bat-fanboys saying Hardy looks huge. Umm, where? He looks like a normal guy that doesn't even hit the gym. And the guy is 5'8 so it 's not like he has a lanky frame to fill out.

Ummm.... guys, rent the movie "Bronson", and watch it. You're gonna see that Tom Hardy IS Bane, and you won't think he isn't a big guy anymore also. Trust me, just watch the trailer for Bronson, and you'll know what I'm talking about. Tom Hardy is perfect for this role.

Yeah, I've seen Bronson several times. Hardy isn't even the same size now as he was in that film. Hopefully Nolan whips out a bunch of camera tricks and CG work because Hardy needs it to look anything close to the comics version of Bane

Kaz2y5

Kaz2y5's picture

Anyone who says Tom Hardy isn't big enough is clearly talking out of their clogged-up buttholes (trying to, anyway!) They won't use CGI enhancements to make him bigger, as this is Nolan's Batman; not Michael Douchebag Bay's! As Pietro F said, watch Bronson (and if Tom can channel that Bronsonesque madness in Bane, bring it!) Tom said on Chattyman he had 2 months to bulk up with his friend, Patrick Monroe and believe he will.

ckal

ckal's picture

Danny and kaz- you two are just plain wrong. This is not a subject of opinion, rather fact. The pictures we have seen of hardy on set show that he is not very muscular. It looks like he has barely worked out at all. Nevermind the size of bane in the comics and he would have to be hemsworth big to do that justice, he just looks like a normal guy.

This is not hating on bat fanboys, Nolan, or hardy, it is a factual observation. And if you think Nolan won't be using practical camera effects and trickery and/or cgi to make bane look bigger, you are the one who is fooling yourself. Wake up and clear your mind fanboy.

Kaz2y5

Kaz2y5's picture

@ Ckal: As we know by now, Nolan will use CGI for bigger scenes such as the stadium blowing up; but he won't use enhancements to make Bane look even bigger. Yes, looking at Hardy, he's probably not as big in TDKR as he did in Warrior - but as it's Nolan's real world superhero, we will have to take it as it is. BTW, my mind is clear as I don't spend my days locked up in a 4x4 jail cell obsessing over what is/what isn't about Batman.