- GOTHAM NEWS will be on hiatus until July 1st while our staff is on holiday
GIVEAWAY: BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND - 'Ultimate Hits' Album & Lithograph
Published: December 12, 2011 - 1:31pm
Enter now for your chance to win the career spanning greatest hits collection from one of the great rock legends of our time. This collection just recently charted high on the Billboard top 200 during it's release and is a must-own for both fans and newcomers; Plus the prize comes with a lithograph.
For the first time, all of Bob Seger’s top hits have been gathered for a career-spanning 2CD and digital collection titled Ultimate Hits: Rock And Roll Never Forgets. To be released Monday, November 21 by Capitol/EMI, the 26-track collection includes “Night Moves,” “Turn The Page,” “Hollywood Nights,” “Mainstreet,” “Old Time Rock And Roll,” “Like A Rock,” “Her Strut,” “We’ve Got Tonight,” “Against The Wind,” “Still The Same,” and many other Seger classics, as well as the Detroit rocker’s two #1 radio singles from this year, “Downtown Train” and his current #1 Classic Rock hit, “Hey Hey Hey Hey (Going Back To Birmingham).”
The collection also includes Seger’s timeless rendition of the Holiday classic “Little Drummer Boy,” its first appearance on a Bob Seger album, as well as the original mono version of Seger’s first hit “Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man.” All songs on the album have been meticulously remastered from the original master tapes.
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band return to the road throughout November and December for the second leg of their hugely successful 2011 North American Tour. The tour’s upcoming stops include New York City’s Madison Square Garden, Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center, Los Angeles’ Staples Center, Orlando Calling Festival (Seger’s first festival performance since 1980), Baltimore’s 1st Mariner Arena, Ottawa’s Scotiabank Place, Dallas’ American Airlines Center, Phoenix’s US Airways Center, Oakland’s Oracle Arena, and more. Seger will top off 2011 with his 50th concert of the year, a special New Year’s show at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Events Center. Seger originally conceived his 2011 Tour as a short spring run of 18-20 dates. Due to the overwhelming response from fans, Seger nearly tripled the number of shows.
Seger & his Silver Bullet Band’s live performances have led to record sales in excess of 51 million including 11 platinum and seven multi-platinum RIAA-certified album awards. Seger holds the distinction in 2010 for the #1 Catalog Album of the Decade for his Greatest Hits, which has sold over nine million copies (U.S.A.) to date, posting an unbroken 17-year streak on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums and Catalog Albums charts.
1. "Old Time Rock and Roll" (George Jackson, Thomas E. Jones III) Stranger in Town 3:16
2. "Hollywood Nights" Stranger in Town 5:03
3. "Night Moves" Night Moves 5:25
4. "Mainstreet" Night Moves 3:44
5. "Roll Me Away" The Distance 4:41
6. "Turn the Page" (live) Live Bullet 5:14
7. "Her Strut" Against the Wind 3:54
8. "Still the Same" Stranger in Town 3:25
9. "You'll Accomp'ny Me" Against the Wind 4:01
10. "We've Got Tonight" (single edit) Stranger in Town 3:41
11. "Like a Rock" Like a Rock 5:58
12. "Fire Lake" Against the Wind 3:34
13. "Tryin' To Live My Life Without You" (Eugene Williams) Nine Tonight 4:09
1. "Rock and Roll Never Forgets"
2. "Against the Wind"
3. "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man"
4. "The Fire Down Below"
5. "Travelin' Man" (live)
6. "Beautiful Loser" (live)
8. "Shame on the Moon"
9. "Katmandu" (edited)
10. "The Little Drummer Boy"
11. "Wait for Me"
12. "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey (Going Back to Birmingham)" previously unreleased 2:07
13. "Downtown Train" (Tom Waits) previously unreleased
- One (1) 2-Disc CD set & Lithograph of 'Ultimate Hits: Rock and Roll Never Forgets' from Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
Copy and paste the following message to your Twitter page:
I Entered the Bob Seger Ultimate Hits Giveaway @DailyBLAM http://tinyurl.com/83r9vao
Then, post a link in the comments section below to your Twitter profile page, confirming entry into the giveaway
Sweepstakes begins today December 12, 2011 and ends December 18, 2011. Winner will be contacted immediately after the Sweepstakes ends. If the winner fails to claim confirm their prize, it will be awarded to a randomly selected entry.
* Must be a registered member of The Daily BLAM! to enter [Click HERE to create a free account].
* Only one entry per registered account holder over the age of eighteen (18) will be accepted.
* Open only to US and Canada members.