Alan Tudyk & Mindy Kaling Join Disney's WRECK-IT RALPH; New Video Game Character Appearances Announced
Published: July 19, 2012 - 9:14am
Tapping stars from the big and small screens, Walt Disney Animation Studios rounds out its voice cast for Wreck-It Ralph. Directed by Rich Moore and produced by Clark Spencer, the hilarious arcade-game-hopping adventure adds to its current roster, which includes John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph, Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Jr., Jane Lynch as Sergeant Calhoun and Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz.
Ralph (voice of John C. Reilly) is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix (voice of Jack McBrayer), the "good guy" star of their game who always gets to save the day. But after decades of doing the same thing and seeing all the glory go to Felix, Ralph decides he's tired of playing the role of a bad guy. He takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a game-hopping journey across the arcade through every generation of video games to prove he's got what it takes to be a hero.
On his quest, he meets the tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (voice of Jane Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero's Duty. But it's the feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game Sugar Rush, whose world is threatened when Ralph accidentally unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens the entire arcade. Will Ralph realize his dream and save the day before it's too late?
Helping to bring to life the diverse, colorful and wildly imaginative arcade-game worlds created for “Wreck-It Ralph” are the following voice cast members:
· Alan Tudyk (ABC’s “Suburgatory,” “Dodgeball”) as King Candy, ruler of Sugar Rush, a candy-coated cart racing game
· Ed O’Neill (ABC’s “Modern Family”) as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade
· Mindy Kaling (“The Mindy Project,” “The Office”) as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer and Vanellope’s nemesis
· Adam Carolla (“The Adam Carolla Show”) as Wynchel, Sugar Rush security
· Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) as Duncan, Sugar Rush security
· Dennis Haysbert (CBS’s “The Unit,” “24”) as General from the first-person shooter game, Hero’s Duty
· Edie McClurg (“Ferris Bueller's Day Off,” TV’s “The Life & Times of Tim,” “Planes, Trains & Automobiles”) – as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
· Roger Craig Smith (Captain Marvel from TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” Ezio from game franchise “Assassin’s Creed”) as Sonic the Hedgehog
· Gerald C Rivers (video game "Street Fighter" series) as M. Bison
· Rachael Harris (“The Hangover,” TV’s “New Girl”) as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.
· Stefanie Scott (Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm”) as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast who visits Litwak’s arcade
· Reuben Langdon (multiple “Street Fighter” video games) as Ken from Street Fighter
· Kyle Hebert (multiple “Street Fighter” video games, TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) as Ryu from Street Fighter
Wreck-It Ralph, directed by Roger Moore and featuring the voice talent of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, crashes onto the big screen on November 2, 2012.