- Legendary Musician & Pop Culture Icon Prince Dies at 57
- Former WWE Superstar Joan 'Chyna' Laurer Found Dead at 45
- Popular Williamsburg Bklyn Bar CROWN VIC Closing
- Coachella 2016: 50 Best Crowd, Band & Style Photos
- MTV Movie Awards 2016: Watch the Most Talked About Moments
- Rapper/High School Dropout B.O.B. Starts Twitter Frenzy Over "Flat Earth" Conspiracy
- #OscarsSoWhite: Why The Fuss Matters
- DIE HARD, HARRY POTTER Actor Alan Rickman Dies at 69
BREAKING BAD Inspired Rock Candy Recipe Helps You Make Heisenberg's Blue "Meth" at Home
Published: August 21, 2013 - 6:34pm
It’s the last season of Breaking Bad, and The Savory has cooked up the perfect recipe for Heisenberg’s Blue Rock “Meth” Candy that will make your viewing party a hit.
Out of the loop? Have no fear; you can still enjoy this delicious recipe while you watch Breaking Bad rake in the Emmy’s on Sunday, September 22! The show is nominated for outstanding everything including: Drama Series, Directing in a Drama Series, Writing for a Drama Series, Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, and Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Let’s get cooking! Rock candy takes patience and temperature precision, so "tread lightly..."
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons hard candy flavoring extract (LorAnn flavorings has tons to choose from)
- 1 drop blue gel food coloring (AmeriColor makes quality gels)
- Candy thermometer
Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup and granulated sugar. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as mixture comes to a boil, stop stirring and brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming. Insert a candy thermometer.
Continue to cook the candy without stirring until it reads exactly 285 F (140 C) on the thermometer. *Do not overcook it, or it will start to take on a caramel color and your candy might turn green! Once the temperature hits 285, take the pan off the heat and let it sit just until bubbles stop breaking on the surface. Add the flavoring of choice and a drop of food coloring. Stir everything together.
Pour the candy onto the prepped baking sheet and tilt it so that it runs into a thin layer. Let it set completely at room temperature.
Once candy is set, break it into small pieces by hand.
For the full “crystal meth” experience, place the candy pieces in medium zip-top bags and crush them lightly with a rolling pin. Candy needs to be stored in airtight containers.
Breaking Bad starring Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks. The next episode is scheduled to air exclusively on AMC Sunday, August 18th at 9/8c.