- Legendary Musician & Pop Culture Icon Prince Dies at 57
- Former WWE Superstar Joan 'Chyna' Laurer Found Dead at 45
- Popular Williamsburg Bklyn Bar CROWN VIC Closing
- Coachella 2016: 50 Best Crowd, Band & Style Photos
- MTV Movie Awards 2016: Watch the Most Talked About Moments
- Rapper/High School Dropout B.O.B. Starts Twitter Frenzy Over "Flat Earth" Conspiracy
- #OscarsSoWhite: Why The Fuss Matters
- DIE HARD, HARRY POTTER Actor Alan Rickman Dies at 69
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Beats BREAKING BAD as Most Popular 2013 TV Show According to StumbleUpon
Published: December 4, 2013 - 10:05am
As the year comes to a close, StumbleUpon decided to mine through their system and take a look at what was hot – and what was not – in 2013. Through their mobile and desktop exploration tool with more than 30 million users they've discerned that How I Met Your Mother, the CBS sitcom starring Josh Radnor, Jason Segel, Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan & Neil Patrick Harris, is the most popular TV show of 2013.
The hit comedy series came in at number one with the most “liked” content on the discovery engine, beating out nail biting dramas Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. Worth noting, however, is that Game of Thrones is the only TV show on the list to have also appeared on last year’s.
Ranking for the Top 5 shows were as follows:
1) How I Met Your Mother
2) Breaking Bad
3) Game of Thrones
4) Whose Line is it Anyway?
5) Jimmy Kimmel Live
How I Met Your Mother, which is currently on its ninth and final season, airs Monday nights on CBS. Breaking Bad ended its critically acclaimed final season this past September after it took home the 2013 Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series. Game of Thrones is set to return to HBO for its fourth season next Spring.