- Legendary Musician & Pop Culture Icon Prince Dies at 57
- Former WWE Superstar Joan 'Chyna' Laurer Found Dead at 45
- Popular Williamsburg Bklyn Bar CROWN VIC Closing
- Coachella 2016: 50 Best Crowd, Band & Style Photos
- MTV Movie Awards 2016: Watch the Most Talked About Moments
- Rapper/High School Dropout B.O.B. Starts Twitter Frenzy Over "Flat Earth" Conspiracy
- #OscarsSoWhite: Why The Fuss Matters
- DIE HARD, HARRY POTTER Actor Alan Rickman Dies at 69
Warner Bros to Release THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. Starring Henry Cavill & Armie Hammer Next January
Published: February 20, 2014 - 2:22pm
Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes, Snatch) is bringing the popular 1960s spy series to the big screen with Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) and Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger) in the leads.
Set in the 1960s, the story follows CIA agent Napoleon Solo (Cavill) and KGB operative Illya Kullyakin (Hammer), who work for the mysterious United Network Command for Law Enforcement (U.N.C.L.E.). Forced to put aside long-standing hostilities, the two team up on a joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization, which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo’s only lead is the daughter of a vanished German scientist (played by Alicia Vikander), who is the key to infiltrating the criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and prevent a worldwide catastrophe.
Along with directing, Ritchie co-wrote The Man from U.N.C.L.E. with his Sherlock Holmes collaborator Lionel Wigram. The film also stars Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Debicki, Jared Harris, Alicia Vikander and Luca Calvani. It's now been revealed that Warner Bros plans to release the film on January 16th, 2015, at the start of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.