- Legendary Musician & Pop Culture Icon Prince Dies at 57
- Former WWE Superstar Joan 'Chyna' Laurer Found Dead at 45
- Popular Williamsburg Bklyn Bar CROWN VIC Closing
- Coachella 2016: 50 Best Crowd, Band & Style Photos
- MTV Movie Awards 2016: Watch the Most Talked About Moments
- Rapper/High School Dropout B.O.B. Starts Twitter Frenzy Over "Flat Earth" Conspiracy
- #OscarsSoWhite: Why The Fuss Matters
- DIE HARD, HARRY POTTER Actor Alan Rickman Dies at 69
GIRLS Star Adam Driver in Talks to Play the Main Villain in STAR WARS EPISODE VII
Published: February 26, 2014 - 1:51pm
Star Wars: Episode VII, directed by J. J. Abrams (Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) and scripted by Abrams along with Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi), is scheduled for theatrical release on December 18th, 2015.
According to Variety, Adam Driver (HBO's GIRLS) has entered into negotiations with Disney and LucasFilm to play the yet-to-be-named villain in the new Star Wars trilogy. The character is said in the vein of Darth Vader, the legendary antagonist portrayed by David Prowse and Bob Anderson and voiced by James Earl Jones.
The studio was reportedly also interested in Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, 12 Years a Slave) and Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, The Lord of the Rings) for the role. No further details have been revealed.
Production on the project is scheduled to begin spring this Spring at Pinewood Studios in the UK. The film will be the first in a new trilogy that picks up after the events of Return of the Jedi. Plot details are being kept under wraps, but it's rumored that the story will center on the Skywalker and Solo children. Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford will be reprising their iconic roles from the first trilogy.