- Gotham News is undergoing a design upgrade.. some links may be temporarily broken
GLEE: THE MUSIC CELEBRATING 100 EPISODES Soundtrack Album to be Released March 25th
Published: February 26, 2014 - 11:54am
Since its debut, GLEE has become a bona fide cultural phenomenon, received prestigious honors including Golden Globe and Peabody Awards. Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series.
Covered music ranging from Adele to "West Side Story," sold over 62 million songs, 13 million albums, 2.5 million DVDs and single-handedly made glee clubs cool again, GLEE stars Jacob Artist (Jake Puckerman), Melissa Benoist (Marley Rose), Chris Colfer (Kurt Hummel), Darren Criss (Blaine Anderson), Blake Jenner (Ryder Lynn), Jane Lynch (Sue Sylvester), Kevin McHale (Artie Abrams), Lea Michele (Rachel Berry), Matthew Morrison (Will Schuester), Alex Newell (Wade "Unique" Adams), Chord Overstreet (Sam Evans), Naya Rivera (Santana Lopez), Becca Tobin (Kitty Wilde), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina Cohen-Chang) and remains a top 10 selling TV franchise. GLEE is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television.
[PRESS RELEASE] NEW YORK, Feb. 24, 2014 -- Columbia Records -- Since its debut in 2009, Fox's Glee has become an unstoppable cultural phenomenon that has redefined both the music and television landscape with its unique style, incredible cast and innovative approach to pop music. Now in its 5th season, the series is about to experience its biggest moment yet: its 100th episode. Join the Glee cast in celebrating this incredible milestone with the release of Glee: The Music Celebrating 100 Episodes, available exclusively at Target on March 25. The commemorative album features 13 new recordings from the 100th episodes, such as Pink's "Just Give Me a Reason," Pharrell's "Happy" and Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time" (see below for full track listing). Glee: The Music Celebrating 100 Episodes will also include brand new versions of Glee favorites from the original cast members such as Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," Pink's "Raise Your Glass" and Glee cast original song "Loser Like Me." The 100th episode will air on Tuesday, March 18 at 8PM ET/PT on FOX, with the second part airing the following week to coincide with album release.
From the anthem hit "Don't Stop Believin'" to the widely praised mash-up of Adele's "Rumour Has It" and "Someone Like You," Glee has sold over 62 million tracks and over 13 million albums worldwide. Throughout its five seasons, Glee has also set a groundbreaking record for the most songs charted by a single act on the Billboard Hot 100, surpassing records previously held by Elvis Presley, The Beatles and James Brown. With their incredible record sales, Glee has made a name for itself in music history.
Glee scored three consecutive #1 releases with Glee: The Music, The Power of Madonna, Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers, and Glee: The Music, Journey To Regionals. The RIAA has certified Glee: The Music, Volume 1 and Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Platinum (sales in excess of 1 million units) as well as Glee: The Music, Volume 2, Glee: The Music, Volume 3 and Glee: The Music, Volume 4 Gold (sales in excess of 500,000 units).
The full track listing for Glee: The Music Celebrating 100 Episodes is as follows:
- Keep Holding On* -featuring Mark Salling (Puck)
- Valerie* -featuring Naya Rivera (Santana) and Heather Morris (Brittany)
- Defying Gravity*-featuring Lea Michele (Rachel), Chris Colfer (Kurt) and Amber Riley (Mercedes)
- Raise Your Glass* -featuring Matthew Morrison (Will) and Kristin Chenoweth (April)
- Toxic*-featuring Naya Rivera (Santana), Heather Morris (Brittany) and Dianna Agron (Quinn)
- Happy -featuring Gwyneth Paltrow (Holly), Kristin Chenoweth (April), Matthew Morrison (Will), Darren Criss (Blaine) and Amber Riley (Mercedes)
- Party All the Time -featuring Gwyneth Paltrow (Holly)
- Total Eclipse of the Heart*-featuring Matthew Morrison (Will) and Kristin Chenoweth (April)
- Loser Like Me*-featuring Darren Criss (Blaine), Kevin McHale (Artie), Chord Overstreet (Sam) and Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina)
- Be Okay -featuring Lea Michele (Rachel) and Naya Rivera (Santana)
- I Am Changing -featuring Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Chris Colfer (Kurt)
- Just Give Me a Reason -featuring Dianna Agron (Quinn) and Mark Salling (Puck)
- Don't Stop Believin'* -featuring Lea Michele (Rachel), Darren Criss (Blaine), Chris Colfer (Kurt), Matthew Morrison (Will), Kevin McHale (Artie) and Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina)
*= Season 5 version