- Legendary Musician & Pop Culture Icon Prince Dies at 57
- Former WWE Superstar Joan 'Chyna' Laurer Found Dead at 45
- Popular Williamsburg Bklyn Bar CROWN VIC Closing
- Coachella 2016: 50 Best Crowd, Band & Style Photos
- MTV Movie Awards 2016: Watch the Most Talked About Moments
- Rapper/High School Dropout B.O.B. Starts Twitter Frenzy Over "Flat Earth" Conspiracy
- #OscarsSoWhite: Why The Fuss Matters
- DIE HARD, HARRY POTTER Actor Alan Rickman Dies at 69
Virgin Gaming Partners with 2K for NBA 2K14 KING OF THE COURT CHALLENGE Video Game Tournament
Published: March 10, 2014 - 11:38am
To further extend the success of the record-breaking NBA® 2K14, 2K and Virgin Gaming (www.virgingaming.com) will be taking online gaming to the hoop with the NBA 2K14 King of the Court Challenge, a month-long online video game tournament that will culminate with a live Championship match broadcasted by Major League Gaming (MLG).
NBA 2K14 players on the Sony PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will be able to register and compete in this epic online tournament during the qualification round which begins on March 7, 2014 and runs through April 3, 2014. On April 19, the top two remaining finalists will win an all-expense paid trip to New York City to compete in the live Championship on the new PlayStation 4 and broadcast from the MLG studios and airing exclusively on MLG.tv. The grand prize winner will receive a trip to the 2014 NBA Finals, $5,000 USD and a PlayStation 4 system NBA 2K14 bundle.
Contestants can sign up throughout the qualifying round at www.virgingaming.com/kingofthecourt, where they can register for a Virgin Gaming account, opt-in to the King of the Court leaderboards and begin qualifying.
Every PlayStation 3 system NBA 2K14 game played in the Virgin Gaming Tournaments lobby during the qualification round will automatically count towards the player’s overall ranking in each of the weekly challenges. They include:
● Week 1, March 7-March 13: Total Wins
● Week 2, March 14-20: Total Assists
● Week 3, March 21-27: Total Blocks
● Week 4, March 28-April 3: Total Games Played
The top four participants from each leaderboard will be entered into the 16-person bracketed semi-finals which will be held on April 9-10. The semi-finalists will compete until the last two finalists remain. Then on April 19, the two finalists will compete on the PlayStation®4 system live from the MLG studios in New York City in a best-of-three match to determine the true King of the Court.